I just replaced my old stock looking starter with a new mini starter because of heat soak. i shimmed the starter and hooked up all wires and it started right up. I let idel a a short while and then i shout it off to clean up tools and get off jack stands. This took 10 mins at the most. Went to start again and it would barely turn over. I checked the starter and it does not seem hung up or anything. Could somthing have killed the battery in 5-10 min. the old starter had 2 small wires and the big one from the battery. The new one has only 1 which i guess hooks to the starter switch wire and the big one from the battery. the other wire which is not hooked up was on the voltage reg post on the starter. The battery had a full charge and when i turn the switch on my voltage gauge reads 12. can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong. I have a HEI Dizzy and i also replaced both batt cables with 2 gauge wire. The alternator looks like the new type.