Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, during my afternoon coffe break today at work, I decided to pull my car around back and use our nice aircraft soap and hotsy pressure sprayer to clean the engine bay. Tonight, back at the hangar, I noticed I have no more headlights, can't turn highbeams on or anything. I checked for a blown fuse, but can't find one for the headlights. Tried looking for any wire connections I might have blown apart, but nothing, filament in the bulbs look fine, too. Any ideas where to start looking? Good thing we have almost 24 hours of daylight up here

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
check the dimmer switch at your left foot area, bet the plug came undone there or its crudded up rusty or wire broken. Than can do funny things to headlights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks, I'll try and check that before I leave town wed morning. If not, where else should I look...? Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, replaced the dimmer, and it half solved my problem. either i have only low beams, or nothing at all. can't see any ground wires loose, or disconnected. any other ideas? thanks a lot!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still can't find the problem...any other ideas?

·
Registered
348 Posts
CB,

I seem to remember having that problem also. I cant recall what it was or how I solved it right now, but I will try to get back to you in the next day or two, if you don't get other replys that help before then.

Victor

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Dawg - I think you're talking about the horn relay. That shouldn't have any effect on the headlights per-se.
I would check the terminals at the bulbs. Corrosion/loose connection alway seems to be a problem there.

·
Super Moderator
32,605 Posts
If there is a pair of beams glowing in one position of the dimmer switch and not the other dimmer switch position, then may have a faulty switch.

If the set of filaments light, there's a good ground and supply source. Only addition to the other beam, is a wire, split at the left headlamp to supply the right headlamp, and a pair of filaments.

As mentioned, a broken wire(s), or connection. Maybe the firewall connection needs alittle finesse-ing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts