Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 69 Camaro SS 396 from the second owner. He bought the car in '73 with no title, and sinse he used it for race only he didnt need one. I'm in Ohio and they won't give me a title because I havent owned it for ten years and it hasnt been titled in that time. I was told that there are places out of state that will get you the papers needed to get a title for a fee, but I cant find them. Does anyone know anything about this, or know a loophole in the law that will get me a title?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well talk to who you bought the car from if you can and tell him to get a title. Even offer $100 to do it. Might save you a headache.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Your stuck ! but I'll be nice and take that old car off your hands O.K.!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!
I had the same problem when I got my 69 .
I call a place in alabama that had an add in old car trader I had to get a form noterized (they send you the form)that says you legally own the car and are selling it to them ,they apply for a title in alabama with the bill of sale, then sent it to you .It cost me 135.00 dollars but I got my title to my 750.00 no title 69 camaro!!!!

I called the company first and they explained every thing to me up front!

------------------
stock? 67
hidden 69

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also had the same problem with a '70 Chevelle and went the Alabama route. They even sent me a current tag so I could drive the car while the paperwork was being done.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Anyone have the number or address to that place?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
The company is Broadway Title. They have a website.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I found the website but they dont deal with cars from Ohio. I found a bunch of other ones though so I'll try them first. If I cant get it that way I'll have my uncle in VA get it for me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently went through this with a firebird i bought at a public storage auction, for non payment of storage. I went to the civil division of our local courthouse and filled a suit against the last known title holder of the car and the taxcollector of our county. you goto court explain to the jugde and you get a title. There's allittle more to it but they will explain it. It worked for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts