Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today I was on my way to autozone for them to check the code for the service Engine light that had come on and sent the car into Limp mode. On the way I hit a bump and the car shut down. Heres the deal, the battery is fine, alternator is fine, headlights and anything that runs without the key in the ignition works just fine, but when I turn the key in the ignition, there is no power, no radio, guages, and definately wont start............ We checked fuses and fuseable links, we probed the red wires running to the ignition and they arnt hot... Therefore I believe the ignition itself is good, it just isnt recieving power. The diagram suggests the wiring goes right from the fuseable link to the ignition, yet the fuseable links are fine yet the ignition is not, so it must be something in between them... PLEASE HELP...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill look into that thanks, but wouldnt that just stop the car from actually turning the engine over? Not from gaining access to the guage-lights, radio, ...etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the problem ended up being the red wires going into the ignition. They werent hot and should have been, basically rewired just the red ignition wires and it works great now. Super weird, and super inconvenient but it runs now. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts