Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
So i have a thread already about my situation (http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198871 ).

I have a good 68 harness (lights and engine) but the plugs to the firewall are not the same for my 67. I have the wires all mapped out, if I can get ahold of some plugs from a 67 it would be a pretty easy transfer.

Problem is I have had no luck. Manufacturers of new harnesses (such as American Auto Wire) refuse to help me out and sell only the plugs.

I have tried to sell the 68 harnesses, but have had no luck even getting $70 (to buy both new harnesses it would be around $250).

I CANT bring myself to spend $250 on new harnesses while I have a harness only 2 little plugs and an hour or two or work away from working.

So if anyone knows where I can get them, ***solicitation removed***
Im not positive, but maybe even the plugs from a 67 Nova or the like would be the same. (these are 2 plugs, both have 2 rows of 5 pins)

I am young, on a tight budget, and really want to keep this project moving, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
11,315 Posts
Ryan, Is the harness plug physically not fitting? or just the wires are not the correct color? It is fairly easy to remove the putty and unclip the connectors to move the wires around.

Ah, I see it now, you have any pics? I can dig through my old harnesses. Pretty sure I do not have one, but I will take a look.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Calpantera, I checked with M & H, they said that by policy they wont sell individual parts anymore, because it would be a liability if someone installed them wrong.

KevinW, im away from home now and cant seem to find a picture of the plugs on the net anywhere, but they are 2 small rectangle plugs, with 2 rows of 5 sockets.

Thanks alot guys for trying to help.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,193 Posts
Dang ya know what, I replaced my engine harness when I first got my 67. I will have to search my stuff and see if I can find the old harness (Assuming it had one). If I find it its your man.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I found this, part of a early chevelle or ELC front light harness. Is this like a 67?

Yepper, that's the same plug and contacts as a 67 Camaro front light harness. I've got a couple of old, dry, hacked up harnesses too that might have a couple of wires that are salvageable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts