Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thanks for clicking on my issue here...im trying to replace multi instead of mono leafs..i removed the old mono leafs on one side and im trying to figure out how to install the multi..i first tryed to install the rear hanger bolts in and when i went to the front bracket to bolt that in next ..it will not line up..there is so much ark in the new multi leafs the bolt pattern in the front is like 3" away its not even close to the pattern it has to line up to. im not sure if i should unbolt the rear hangers and install the front brkt first?..here are some pictures..thanks for any help you can advise me on..Chris

Before Removal:

Trying to install:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Install the front bolts first on both springs, lay the axle on top then raise the rear of the springs and install the shackles. You can flatten the springs with a floor jack under them if they're a little short. Don't tighten anything real tight until the weight of the car is on the springs.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
My 2-cents!

I would get rid of the end clamp on the "slappers" and then add metal to lengthen them so they slap right under the bottom middle of the front spring eye! Then install an adjustable bolt/nutwasher at each end and tune both sides

Then re-install the clamps so that they float, but yet won't allow the slappers to dig downwards upon braking!

I am supprised you haven't broken a mono IF you had them clamped on them before you went muliti-leaf..

Slappers can't work right IF they can't SLAP!! You had solid front half rear springs and I bet it road hard...............

pdq67

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pdq67 said:
My 2-cents!

I would get rid of the end clamp on the "slappers" and then add metal to lengthen them so they slap right under the bottom middle of the front spring eye! Then install an adjustable bolt/nutwasher at each end and tune both sides

Then re-install the clamps so that they float, but yet won't allow the slappers to dig downwards upon braking!

I am supprised you haven't broken a mono IF you had them clamped on them before you went muliti-leaf..

Slappers can't work right IF they can't SLAP!! You had solid front half rear springs and I bet it road hard...............

pdq67
thanks i will do that, that was never mentioned to me..i have heard them called slappers" but didn't understand how they worked..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts