Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am in the process of installing the Auto-Meter gauge pod in my 1969 Camaro console. The problem that I am having is that I would like to install an electrical connector instead of hard wiring the gauges in case I need to remove the console at a later date. I have been searching for an 8 pin socket/flat/ plug style connector that I can wire into the factory harness to allow easy plug-n-play type activity. Does anyone have any idea where I can find an electrical connector? I have been to Radio-Shack and they have nothing remotely close to what I am looking for. I have tried searching on the web but am not having any luck as I apparently do not know the right terminology to locate what I need. I will try and simplify my search with the following statement: I would like to have a plug & receiver for my gauges such as the one you might find on the back of your car stereo.. You would think it would be easy to find such a plug-but it is not! If anyone has any links/leads as to where I can locate this electrical connector, please advise.. My only other alternative is to hard-wire directly into the harness and I would like to avoid that.. Thank You!

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci., T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 wheel disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, console w/AutoMeter gauge package, center mntd. clock, Tach.

·
3,527 Posts
Go,
Most of the major ignition system manufacturers, such as Mallory and MSD, have the connectors you need in thier catalogs. Also, Painless Wiring etc. Actually, I am pretty certain that Autometer has them also. If you want to get it locally, look in the Yellow Pages for a "real" electronics parts supply house. Radio Shack does not qualify

Hope this helps,

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Owner
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
1971 Chevelle "Heavy Chevy" original owner
1973 Z-28 ..one family car...Brother bought it new in 73

[This message has been edited by BillK (edited 05-19-2002).]

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Go69, your search has ended. Jeg's catalog, part number 121-8185 for one of the best 8 pin connector, Deutsch Connectors. I did the same but with other connector I found at work.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

[This message has been edited by ORENCH (edited 05-19-2002).]

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you to all who responded. The previous reply was correct-my search has ended! I looked up the Jeg's piece and it is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

------------------
1969 Camaro SS 350-383ci., T-56, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73 gears, 4 wheel disc, Deluxe black houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, tilt steering, console w/AutoMeter gauge package, center mntd. clock, Tach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts