Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my delima. I have a 69 with power brakes. My new motor has a rpm air-gap intake. The hole that is made for a vacuum fitting will not work with a doublepumper carb. And since I have a holley HP series, it doesn't have a vacuum outlet on the carb itself.

Any ideas on what to do? I could get rid of the power brakes and go manual disk or drill and tap a new hole in this intake..but where?

Please help! I'm ready to start riding again.

Thanks,

------------------
Jay
69 SS-350 4-speed
Hotchkis suspension

·
Registered
980 Posts
Do you have the "low profile" fitting that you can put in the intake? I had the same problem with a performer RPM/650 d.p., and they made a fitting that fit in underneath. Don't panic yet!

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner

·
Registered
304 Posts
would a carb spacer be an option ??

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went on Edelbrocks web site and saw the adapter. They have it to work on performer intake an one other.

A carb spacer would work, however I dynoed my motor with and without a carb spacer and the spacer hurt my power by about 8hp and 13 lbs of torque. I'd rather stay away from spacer if all possible.

Spames, I have the rpm airgap and a 650 double pumper also. I test fitted the carb and measured from hole to bottom of pump on carb and it doesnt look like enough room. Do you have adapter from edelbrock or from someone else?

thanks

------------------
Jay
69 SS-350 4-speed
Hotchkis suspension

·
Registered
980 Posts
I can't remember, sorry. I just know that it was still a tight fit, but it worked. Might be worth a try at any rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts