Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not real up on the possible options on 69 ss cars. I am helping a friend find a 69 camaro. Will go look at a 69 this w/end that sounds real nice. Owner claims the car is a true "SS" car but it doesn't have the tach. next to speedo, and it doesn't have consol gauges? Didn't all ss and z-28's have these? Also didn't all ss and z-28 in 69 come with a 10 or 12 bolt posi rearend? All help will be appreciated. Also should it also have frt. disc brakes?

Thanks Todd Miller

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have a 69 ss 350 they dont have to have a tach or console gauges but....it should have a 12 bolt (dont have to be posi),multi leaf springs,power disc brakes if it has these then it could be a ss post the numbers (vin & cowl tag)in tag team and we can take it from there. There are many clues to tell but check these first they are easy to tell at a glance MIKE

·
Registered
235 Posts
Todd,

Go to the Tag Team Forum from the main Tech Page. Once in Tag Team click on the search function at the top of the page. Use "identify 1969 SS" or something similar. You will get all the posts where people have asked this. There is plenty of info here for you to use and become knowledgeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts