Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i fab new spring perches to make this rear work. Does anyone know if there is a offset spring perch or spring re locatoin kit that will save me some time and aggravation

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
If I'm not mistaken a second gen rear is 1 inch wider. 1st gen spring perches are 42 3/4 C to C. Drum to Drum (outside) is 60 1/4. I have seen guys state an even 60 inches wide. On paper specs show 60 1/4.

·
13,829 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Those are actually offset shackles to move the leafs inboard when doing minis
Like John mentioned above the springs are going in the wrong direction for a DSE offset spring perch kit. The first gen had the springs parallel to one another, the second gen had the springs pigeon toed with the front tucked in and the back flared out. You can find rear spring shackles under some Dodge trucks and Jeeps that have off set shackles. Chrysler products use a narrower spring but if you use a GM bolt they should work (depending upon the length).

I remember seeing the bent shackle plates on vehicles on lifts in my old shop, but I do not remember how long those shackles were.

As every one has said there are a lot of better donor vehicles in bone yards than a first gen Camaro or a Nova. I would consider resale of what you have and go shopping again.

Big Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts