Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a lt1 engine in my 67 camaro its off of a 95 chevy impala. We had 2 modify it for it 2 b carburated and so we did. I have a chevy aluminum intake manifold on it, I don't think its anything special. a 600 edelbrock carb and shorty hedman headers, but we had 2 beat it up for it 2 fit because the heater core was in the way. So I took it to the dyno shop and I had 237 hp and 298 tq to the wheels and the air fuel ratio was about 13.80ish. Are these ok numbers for that kind of a set up or does something need to b tuned or what can I do to achieve atleast 300ish to the wheels. thank you

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
the Impala was only 275 hp or so, so the numbers look about right at the wheels. You have headers (long tubes would definitely help, especially with the torque), so a tune, cam swap, and head porting are the next likely order to go, depending on budget.

13.8:1 is lean for full throttle, should be in the 13.0-13.2 range.

Jody

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
around 10 to 1 CR, a 268 to a 274 cam.

And around 9 to 1 CR, a 260 or so cam..

Give or take some depending..

pdq67

·
10,158 Posts
Hello, I have a lt1 engine in my 67 camaro its off of a 95 chevy impala. We had 2 modify it for it 2 b carburated and so we did. I have a chevy aluminum intake manifold on it, I don't think its anything special. a 600 edelbrock carb and shorty hedman headers, but we had 2 beat it up for it 2 fit because the heater core was in the way. So I took it to the dyno shop and I had 237 hp and 298 tq to the wheels and the air fuel ratio was about 13.80ish. Are these ok numbers for that kind of a set up or does something need to b tuned or what can I do to achieve atleast 300ish to the wheels. thank you
Richen the air fuel to 12.7 to 13, you'll gain power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts