Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1996 camaro v6 3.8L automatic that I am still working on and it was working pretty good for a little while. I would do donuts in dry street without using the e-brake and without burning out before like it was nothing. For being a v6 it kinda had some balls when it came to doing donuts. until just the other day it wouldn't do them , when I would try to hit a donut the car wouldn't swing like usual it would do really wide turns instead of making that nice little fast turn. I thought it was because I had too much people in the car but when let them out it still wouldn't swing so now I'm worried that I might have a major problem. Can someone please help me figure out what it might be that is causing it to do this and how much it might cost. Any input would be helpful thank you

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi, I have a 1996 camaro v6 3.8L automatic that I am still working on and it was working pretty good for a little while. I would do donuts in dry street without using the e-brake and without burning out before like it was nothing. For being a v6 it kinda had some balls when it came to doing donuts. until just the other day it wouldn't do them , when I would try to hit a donut the car wouldn't swing like usual it would do really wide turns instead of making that nice little fast turn. I thought it was because I had too much people in the car but when let them out it still wouldn't swing so now I'm worried that I might have a major problem. Can someone please help me figure out what it might be that is causing it to do this and how much it might cost. Any input would be helpful thank you
Check the obvious first...sway bar bushings and mounts, springs and mounts, rear differential connections to see if some thing is broken. If all is well there, you may need a rear gear inspection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow okay thanks I'll be sure to check it out soon. I'm gonna take it to the shop and keep you updated. Oh yeah also do you know if I might need a new transmission because when I shift from park to reverse or to drive it jerks a little?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Wow okay thanks I'll be sure to check it out soon. I'm gonna take it to the shop and keep you updated. Oh yeah also do you know if I might need a new transmission because when I shift from park to reverse or to drive it jerks a little?
Not necessarily...if you're really concerned about it, change the tranny filter and fluid...see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts