Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 Camaro with absolutely stock 210HP 327, just added Hooker 2451 headers and flowmaster 17129 exhaust system. Car is four speed, 2.73 gear, all stock except for headers and exhaust system. The spark plug boots are touching the headers big time. Any suggestion for a different set-up ? Should I go with Accel shorty plugs (was told they only make one model/heat range) will that heat range work with my motor ? I'm sure I'm not the first one with headers on a stock small block. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, running stock points type distributor.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
These are the ones specified for your engine:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-0437S/

Depending on what brand/model you are comparing them to, they will be anywhere from 1/4" to 3/8" shorter. Also, MSD wire boots are a bit lower profile than some others. The Street Fire line is pretty inexpensive. I had to use those and the Accel shorties to clear one tube.

·
Super Moderator
32,598 Posts
Nothing wrong with your set-up. Shorty plugs will have to work.
When I ran 2451's, I had to run the wire the best way possible and I believe I had to buy an universal set and make them on the engine basically - plug in the plug and route the wire the best route. I do remember having about 1/16 inch clearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts