Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help.
I purchased a new under dash wiring harness(69). Can someone tell me what this plugs into. I thought it was for the tach. But the tach has a 3 wire plug.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I think that and the bulb are for the center dash clock if you have one. Only way to have (original) tach without clock is if car was not optioned with console gauges. Small fuel guage would be there instead.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Hard to tell with your pictures the true color of the wires. The connector is correct for a clock but the wires should be orange and solid black, always on feed from fuse block on the orange. Gray and black for the lamp controlled by the dash lamp circuit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to tell with your pictures the true color of the wires. The connector is correct for a clock but the wires should be orange and solid black, always on feed from fuse block on the orange. Gray and black for the lamp controlled by the dash lamp circuit.
Color of the wires are orange and black with a white tracer.
Thanks for everyones help. I don't have a clock or a center fuel gauge. I never thought of them. Thanks again

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
So do you have a Tach and console gauges? If yes they you should have a clock.

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
Jack you need the 1969 AIM (Assembly Instruction Manual) for your car, it has the wiring diagram in it with colors noted and where they go.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jack you need the 1969 AIM (Assembly Instruction Manual) for your car, it has the wiring diagram in it with colors noted and where they go.
I have 1969 AIM but it is not in color. It just shows the wiring harness with the warning lights. No clock or tach,

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Looks like the plug for the under-dash interior lights on either side of the dash.
They have an Orange feed wire, but I can recall what color the return trace is ... but B/W to the door switch sounds right.

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
In AIM, look at U35, Electric Clock. Still no color, but same connector shape - a 'T'?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Jack - The color wiring diagrams are not part of the original AIM but were created by a member a while back. The full set is available over at Jim's http://firstgens.com site. Join up and head to the documents downloads section for the full set.

The RS wiring diagrams were not in the AIM but published in a small manual, now also available for download as a PDF file. It covers all three years, headlights to console gauges.

Brian

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jack - The color wiring diagrams are not part of the original AIM but were created by a member a while back. The full set is available over at Jim's http://firstgens.com site. Join up and head to the documents downloads section for the full set.

The RS wiring diagrams were not in the AIM but published in a small manual, now also available for download as a PDF file. It covers all three years, headlights to console gauges.

Brian
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts