Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i have to change in my car if i pull a 305 with tpi and put in a carburated 350. some one help please.
thanks

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Try a search on this subject in our Performance section - its been gone over a few times before.

Here's a quick run-down:

Check your local rules, I'm pretty sure its against Fed laws not sure what enforcement is like in your area.

1. New distributor. Like one from a pre-computer car (like '75-'79)

2. New fuel pump. TBI uses a high pressure pump, a carb only needs about 6psi.

3. New exhaust system. The stock cat converter will eventually plug up if you run it rich with a carburator.

4. A way to shut off the "Check Engine Light". The computer will freak when it looses input from the engine.

5. New bracket for the TV cable - if you have a 700R4 tranny (or 200-4R) the cable must be adjusted correctly or you will fry your trans.

6. A way to tape up and keep the stock engine harnes out of the way --- or it will get burned on your exhaust and short out.

There is probably more . . .

PS. You might try finding a Holley Throttle Body from a ProJection system instead. They flow a bit more than the stock throttle body (like 670 cfm) so there is performance to be gained without ditching all your fuel injection stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts