Team Camaro Tech banner
2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cdminter55 
#1 ·
Ok I have a 99 Camaro 3.8 and it is haveing all sorts of problems. It feels like it is running ruff when it first cranks up under idle but starts running better as it warms up. if i give the car to much peddle it will start to what feels like misfire or choke or something of that nature. I just had the cat replaced all the plugs and wires all new coils and EGR new Ecu new fuel filter and still have not solved the prolem. the car is not coding any codes at all. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

#2 ·
sounds like a throttle position sensor. Possibly a bad MAF. Try a can of CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner. Spray the metal wire in the MAF with the stuff and see if that helps. Also could be a clogged air cleaner.

#4 ·
Higher mileage 3.8L V6's were notorious for intake manifold gasket leaks. Sounds as though when cold, a vacuum leak exists and goes away as everything heats up, expands and seals itself. This would cause the symptoms you describe with no PCM codes noted. Wouldn't hurt to have it checked :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Spray around the intake manifold throttle body with carb and throttle body cleaner when it's cold. If the idle speeds up you have a leaking gasket. Get a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner (20 oz.) With gas tank at 1/2 tank or less add the bottle of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner and a 12 OZ bottle of Heet Fuel Line Antifreeze and water remover with fuel injector cleaner. Drive the car around about 50 miles. You should notice the engine running better the more you drive. You have to clean the ethanol and water out of the system. I add these two bottles of cleaner in the gas tank every oil change. I buy my products from Walmart same as my oil. Try it, I was skeptical at first when I was told.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.