Team Camaro Tech banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
14,258 Posts
The picture and measurements I posted a with the 1 3/4" 2288 Hookers. You have 2276 1 7/8"?

It it the side clearance or to top that causing interference?

Based on the pictures I posted 23" center to center would clear the Xmember I used and 1 1/2" to the floor pan would also clear. Would work I believe with the 2276 HKR

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The picture and measurements I posted a with the 1 3/4" 2288 Hookers. You have 2276 1 7/8"?

It it the side clearance or to top that causing interference?

Based on the pictures I posted 23" center to center would clear the Xmember I used and 1 1/2" to the floor pan would also clear. Would work I believe with the 2276 HKR
Yes I am using the 2276. The interference is from the top, but that is being caused by the cutouts being closer to the transmission. Everything would fit very nice if the exachust cutouts in the crossemember were closer to the subframe. I will try and post a picture. Thanks

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Left side

Right side

·
14,258 Posts
You can see from the pics I posted your headers would easily fit with the crossmember I used.

Guess you can buy a new X or mod yours.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
You can see from the pics I posted your headers would easily fit with the crossmember I used.

Guess you can buy a new X or mod yours.
Yeah I think that will be better than trying to lower the tail of the transmission. Thanks again for all your help.

·
14,258 Posts
If it's a new X I would return it a buy a new one from Hurst.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
If it's a new X I would return it a buy a new one from Hurst.
It came with the Silver Sport conversion kit. Silver Sport said they would refund me for the crossmember. I will give Hurst a call

·
14,258 Posts
If you get the one that comes with their tko500/600 kit it should work.

I don't have the part #

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Danny that is the same crossmember I am using. For me the cutouts need to be closer to the subframe. My collectors are approximately 1 1/2" from the subframe.
Wow, I don't know how you will get closer than those cut-outs ??

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I'm going to have the same problem then I would think. Same headers, same x member. Hmmm. Shawn, let me know how it works out. I'm call SST now too, LOL

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
It came with the Silver Sport conversion kit. Silver Sport said they would refund me for the crossmember. I will give Hurst a call
They are refunding me as well LOL. Are we sure Hurst is the cross member we need ??

·
14,258 Posts
Steve told me that the crossmember on his 68 came from Hurst when he bought the conversion kit for his TKO 600 a few years ago

The 67 that I'm doing now has the same crossmember that's the one that was in the pictures

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Steve told me that the crossmember on his 68 came from Hurst when he bought the conversion kit for his TKO 600 a few years ago

The 67 that I'm doing now has the same crossmember that's the one that was in the pictures
Thanks John, I will order one.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thanks John, I will order one.
Donny, I spoke to Hurst and they have a crossmember for the LS. The part number 67510008. I have one on order. I will let you know how it works.

·
14,258 Posts
Donny, I spoke to Hurst and they have a crossmember for the LS. The part number 67510008. I have one on order. I will let you know how it works.
The X will work on both LS and SBC/BBC. Just make sure it for the TKO500/600 and not the T56

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Thanks Shawn, Also, I spoke with Richard at SST. He said send back the x member. 99.00 refund , big deal LOL

The X will work on both LS and SBC/BBC. Just make sure it for the TKO500/600 and not the T56
Thanks John.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I just called Hurst Drivelines, couldn't wait LOl, X member ordered.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I just called Hurst Drivelines, couldn't wait LOl, X member ordered.
I am still waiting on mine to arrive. It should be here toda. It shipped on 27 April. I could never get Hurst to send me an email with the tracking details.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
I am still waiting on mine to arrive. It should be here toda. It shipped on 27 April. I could never get Hurst to send me an email with the tracking details.
Wow, I was wondering why I haven't received an e-mail at all.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I received the Hurst the crossmember and installed it and it actually has less cleareance than the Silversport crossmember. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts