Team Camaro Tech banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
14,275 Posts
Post pics of the Xmember. Looking at their website it does not look like the ones on the 67 and 68 I just finished.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Oh nooooooo. Dingo mounts still ??? Also what body bushings are you using ???

·
Premium Member
Shawn Lemans Blue 1969 Camaro LS3, TKO 600
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Oh nooooooo. Dingo mounts still ??? Also what body bushings are you using ???
Yes, Dirty Dingo sliders. The body bushing are Speedtech solid bushings.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Do you think the Holley mounts will lower the engine ?? Also are those solid mounts thicker from top of frame to body than stock ? How far away is the collector from the cross member ??

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
The X will work on both LS and SBC/BBC. Just make sure it for the TKO500/600 and not the T56
John, FYI, the TKO x member will NOT work on a BBC. BBC cross members have a different # 0013. SBC and LS # 0008 as per Hurst.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Shawn, your red trans mount looks awful large. Here is what SST sent me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Shawn, your red trans mount looks awful large. Here is what SST sent me.
Donny can you please give the the measurement, thickness of the mount they sent you? I am pretty sure the one I have installed is the same thickness as the one that Silversport sent me. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Donny can you please give the the measurement, thickness of the mount they sent you? I am pretty sure the one I have installed is the same thickness as the one that Silversport sent me. Thanks
OK will do. *****1 3/4 inches thick.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Shawn, how much room is between the end of the header (collector) and x member ? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
OK will do. *****1 3/4 inches thick.
Thanks Donny. I will measure mine first thing in the morning.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Shawn, how much room is between the end of the header (collector) and x member ? Just curious.
Approximately 5 inches. I am sure I can make it work. I am just worried I am doing something wrong because I am not having the same success others are having with this combination. Thanks again for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Approximately 5 inches. I am sure I can make it work. I am just worried I am doing something wrong because I am not having the same success others are having with this combination. Thanks again for the help.
OK thanks for the measurement. The 5 inches is at the end of the collector adapter or the header without the collector ?? I'm just wondering if a muffler shop would have enough room to make a slight bend in the pipe to go under the x member.

You will need the Holley slip on collector adapter: https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/builder_components/exhaust_components/parts/42107HKR

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
OK thanks for the measurement. The 5 inches is at the end of the collector adapter or the header without the collector ?? I'm just wondering if a muffler shop would have enough room to make a slight bend in the pipe to go under the x member.

You will need the Holley slip on collector adapter: https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/builder_components/exhaust_components/parts/42107HKR
The 5 inches is at the end of the collectors. I not sure if there is enough room or not. I think they would have to bend the collector adapter.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
The 5 inches is at the end of the collectors. I not sure if there is enough room or not. I think they would have to bend the collector adapter.
Thx Bud.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,668 Posts
These are pics of a BBC Manual x member. Although it's not a TKO, it shows that the member gets up closer to the body. This was the same style xmember I used for my T56 in my Chevelle with a 454....

Brett....

Attachments

·
14,275 Posts
Ok if your O2 sensors are in the collector as opposed to the reducer it no prob for a good muffler shop to do a slight S bend so the exhaust pipe goes under the X.

I just took my buddy's 69 to my exhaust guy Thursday to do almost the exact same thing on his.

Came out great.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Ok if your O2 sensors are in the collector as opposed to the reducer it no prob for a good muffler shop to do a slight S bend so the exhaust pipe goes under the X.

I just took my buddy's 69 to my exhaust guy Thursday to do almost the exact same thing on his.

Came out great.
Yeah I think they should be able to make it work. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Shawn, you ever get your exhaust figured out ??

81 - 100 of 102 Posts