Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a 67 I picked up from this man who was going to go and take her to the local Recycling Yard. He told me " just give me what they would of given me for it " .. so 40 dollars later .. I brought her home. My friends said " WTH " were you thinking . Some of them see junk .. I see some goodies still in there. The Quater glass is still there.. the Vent glass is still good. it had Deluxe interior and I was able to salvage the rear seat belts the nice metal ones, the front ones were gone... the door panels were toast .. but the Camaro emblems were still there .. took them off and put them on my 67 which by the way were missing . !! And believe it or not .. the Original Dash was on the Floor board covered with Junk and it is is good Shape... but the backside where the metal is,............ is all rusted ......... wish there was a way to fix that part .. Oh well ....... I could'nt let him take her just yet... not till Im done with her !!

I know it hurts !!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
That's too bad. I wish I could wave a magic wand and turn the car back into the beauty she was the day she rolled off the assembly line. :sad:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
i know i sound very optimistic but ive seen worse cars restored. A guy i know near Philadelphia had a car worse than that and turned it in to quite a looker!

·
Registered
580 Posts
What was it? What I mean is, can you post the trim tag info?

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
If the cam locks on the fuel filler neck are still good, I could use that. Someone removed the fuel cap from mine with a screw driver....:mad:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
How about the sub frame? Couldn't that be pulled out and cleaned up. I see ebay parts that you could make a few bucks on. Seat brackets, wing glass, trunk lid hinges, the radio might even be worth something, steering gear box, steering wheel.

I bought an old '72 chevy years ago that had no engine, transmission, front clip. I bought it for the tailgate and then sold everything I could on ebay. I made all my money back plus a couple hundred dollars!! I still have the big parts to it is anyone is interested. I have the cab, frame, bed, gas tank.
No title..........

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I see something I can use...
you want to sell that red trashcan in the background? :)

actually for $40 - it would be a great conversation piece to just leave it right there.
Hey want to see my classic 67 Camaro? :rolleyes:

what's the build date?
Maybe it is the first L78 Camaro?

One day it might be worth restoring.
I have a 67 Cutlass Convertible I am waiting for the same thing

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
My first Camaro looked like that when it was only 8 years old. I agree with Alex. New roof, front end sheetmetal, trunk. I've seen worse come back, but I think it would depend more on if it was a keeper and had original valvetrain.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey Guys ... Love the Comment.. !!

Hey this car was down here in the Rio Grande Valley .. I think almost all its life. I dont want to get rid of it .. I dont mind it sitting like that .. As far as restoring it .. he had no title for it .. I did'nt even ask him .. I know the Trim tag was already gone .. and it had been gone long before I got there. I did take the Vin Off carefully and it is a piece that I have on my computer desk ... Its all Nice and Shinny still ........ gees.. what is vin made out of ... should of made the whole car out of that kind of metal.

hey 68 Ragtop.. I sent you PM ... I said you could have the wheel ...... if you could save it of use the center piece... Like I said.. I like to help out fellow members who love Camaros !!

the sub frame has surface rust .. but Im pretty sure it would clean up just fine !

Rob.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
hey Rob, take that thing down to Reynosa or Matamoros..it'll come back looking like a brand new ride! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
33,267 Posts
I did take the Vin Off carefully and it is a piece that I have on my computer desk ... Its all Nice and Shinny still ........ gees.. what is vin made out of ... should of made the whole car out of that kind of metal. Rob.
Stainless steel, Series 316.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.