1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
32,789 Posts
I had a '64 Impala 2-dr hardtop triple black in college, 300HP-327, Muncie 4-spd, bench seat (like it better than the bench seats), 3.36 Posi, & factory mounted tach above the steering column. Bought a set of Fenton mags w/3-bar spinners from a Corvette guy for $50.

Loved the Walker Continentals I had on it. Absolutely loved the car. Then, when I was at Treasure Island going to school, another classmate & I flew back to Iowa, in February no less, and drove it out over the 2-day weekend. Six months later, it was stolen from Walnut Creek Shopping center and found two weeks later in a field stripped.

I hope you have good luck with yours, looks like you're having fun. I'm sure it will be enjoyable to drive as the rest of your corral.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I owned a 63 Impala SS and totaled it out in 74 hit a horse on the highway at 65 miles an hour total loss but it only cost $400 back then. The 3 piece floor pans cost me $360 just the other day.:D

·
Super Moderator
32,789 Posts
Tes, i know what you mean, I hit at 55 mph in Mar '70, a black Angus cow and the complete front end new was $440. Six months later, it was hit again in the front. Had to use used parts to keep it from being totaled.

Of course, all the accidents were not my fault, er, caused by me, I just happened to be at the right place at the wrong time.

It was very strange, eerie I might say. The solvent bottle holder on the fender holding the glass bottle of OptiKleen, was empty. Every time I placed a bottle of OptiKleen solvent in the holder, the car would be wrecked within a week. After the third bottle, the holder remained empty.

Had we known then what we know today, we would have done things alot differently.

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
All the 60's SS Chevies were very cool cars. My favorite was the 62 SS. Never owned one, but I wanted one. My painter has 2 64's in his shop as we speak, though not SS's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts