Team Camaro Tech banner

Did the modified stripes make the car less appealing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently complete my X-44 69 coupe. When it came to deciding whether to stipe or not to stripe, i went with the stripes. However, i wanted to keep some degree of originality, so we placed the stripes in correct locations, but turned them before the ends (as opposed to letting the run off).

Since the car is an X-44 base coupe, i felt i was not molesting a valuable collectible camaro and went with the modified stripes. I personnaly feel ok with the decision, however some locals felt i should have "cloned" it to the classic in every way.

It would be interesting to get the team camaro opinion, and therefore: After veiwing the attached pics,did i do the right thing with the stripes?

thx
joe c

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think your Camaro looks great. Its up to the one who owns it and how they want it. I have a 68 Camaro, bought it about 4 -5 weeks ago, It will have to be painted, I don't know if I will keep it the factory rally green. If I was to go to a judging show, then I would want it where my Camaro draws the judge in and plays with his or her mind tring to figure out the color.

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
Hey Joe - the bottom line is only you have to like it... Here's how I kinda look at it. If the car has rally wheels, sits stock height, has a stock interior and when you lift the hood the apearence is stock - paint stock stripes. If the car was all stock but the stripes, it gives the impression there might have been a mistake made when the car was painted.

With your stripes I would want to see other personal touches - under the hood, seats or other interior mods, wheels and tires... The idea is a balanced custom car to match the stripes. I think some aftermarket seats covered to look like the stock ones, maybe some 17" billet rally wheels and some under hood changes would work with your stripes. The theme being classic but custom...

Enjoy your Camaro!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I don't find anything wrong with the way you did the stripes. As others have said, there should be some other custom points to the car to go with the modified theme. Even though the wife's 69 is a genuine SS, I did a lot of customizing. There isn't anything that can't be reversed. Besides, she would never sell it anyway. Are you going to the Super Chevy Show in August in KC? Hopefully, we will be there with the Camaro and the Corvette.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
It's yours do as you please. Sitting at show and not knowing, I would think someone made a mistake when doing the stripes. Looking at a car you can not tell ones intensions. It still does not matter though. It could be pink with purple stripes done correctly, if that what you want then no problem.

I think some people get to upset at others doing what they want and not staying stock. Just seeinf a Camaro on the road no matter the condition is cool to me. Same goes for how people do them. It still does not keep from critking it at a show for my personal tastes. I just don't do it out loud. I like to talk to other Camaro owners when at shows. Alot of the times what they have done is due to simply not knowing, doing what they want, not havin g the funds or not caring, they just wanted to fix it up their way. Cool with me.

Joe

·
Registered
305 Posts
I like the way the front stripes look. Don't like the back so much, overall it looks cool!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts