Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty new '69 owner here. Traditionally a Ford guy but always had a soft spot for the gen1 Camaro.

Pretty much bought this car on a whim, last minute, what the hell, might as well, showed up at my buddy's neighbor's house to check out a Ford Lightning that he ended up buying and I ended up buying his Camaro that was but wasn't for sale. It has been restored but the dude really didn't know much about before he had it so I get to figure stuffs out.

Looking forward to learning lots and progressing this car. Looked at a few different forums but liking this one. Lots of great info and good peeps seems like! :beers:

Aloha!

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro! You will be asked for pictures so be ready. You found the best site in my opinion. I am proud to say this group has helped my build an amazing car! Good luck with your '69

·
Super Moderator
32,466 Posts
Welcome, Dash, to the club. Yes, the warning is too late as you already been asked for pictures.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a couple pics :)

Basically it's an unknown 454, originally a 427 by the looks of the data card, Muncie 4 spd, rear end was recently built.. Currie housing, Moser axles, Eaton Trutrac, 3.73's. Interior was all redone as well.

I'm looking to do suspension, steering box, 4wheel disc conversion, Gear Vendor's OD, long tubes. and wheels & tires, annnnd either a EFI conversion or swap out the current Edelbrock carb for a Holley 750.

Just looking to make a clean good fun driving driver :wink2:

Attachments

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,418 Posts
Let me warn you. If you do anything, you'll likely do lots of things. BTDT, twice now with multi-year projects, with a third in the garage waiting for its turn.

Why your list of mods - what are you unhappy with, how are you planning to use the car?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Welcome to the site, Dash! Is that picture on the windward side? Looks like my old home in the background.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me warn you. If you do anything, you'll likely do lots of things. BTDT, twice now with multi-year projects, with a third in the garage waiting for its turn.

Why your list of mods - what are you unhappy with, how are you planning to use the car?

I hear you, I have 3 on the burner and 2 others on the back burner right now :nerd:

First order of business is to work out a couple of the bugs it has, i.e. difficult to hot start and running pig rich at idle.
he carb is suspect because there is no effect on fuel when turning the idle screw full clockwise. The carb is also bolted straight to the manifold and doesn't have a ceramic spacer and I'm thinking that may be contributing to the hard hot starts if the fuel is being heated up too much... ?

The other issue I'm trying to work out is at 65mph-ish and coasting in neutral there is a pretty bad vibration coming through the shifter. When in gear it is much less noticeable. Something going on somewhere, lol

As for the rest of the mods, I'd like to tighten up the steering and suspension and I just have an aversion to drum brakes in general...

Plans are just a solid cruiser. Not looking to go too nuts with it (Famous last words)... :popcorn:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the site, Dash! Is that picture on the windward side? Looks like my old home in the background.
Yes sir! Coconut Island in the background, Sandbar just past it, and Chinaman's hat waaaay on the other side :thumbsup: :grin2: :aloha:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Spent '84-'87 stationed at Kaneohe. Man we had some fun back then!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts