Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm Randy!! I live in Springfield, OR and I just got a '70 Camaro RS!! I stumbled across this forum while surfing the net and it looks like a great place for info, experience and hangin out with fellow Camaro fans!! Of course like any old car mine has some issues or personality whichever you want to call it!! For example I was told that this car goes through starters due to the cheap full length headers. I would like to keep the performance value of the full length headers though being able to drive it home every time would be nice. Are there starters built for high heat or should I just go with shorter coated headers? And a heat shield for the starter probably wouldn't hurt!! Anyway, just introducing myself and I look forward to being part of this group!! Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome aboard Randy. There is some special heat wrap available to wrap around the header pipe that cuts the heat down as much as 30%. Used in conjunction with a heat shield may solve your problem. They also sell mini starters that might fair better with the heat, if you want to go that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts