Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from you today with no text and an attachment. The subject line simply read "Re:" I got the same email from one or two other people as well. Seems to fit the virus profile. Just letting you know.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got the same email from Mark, some everything. it did contain a real nasty virus. I Emailed him to let him know.
Tyler

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Camaro/1968_Camaro/Tyler_Beauregard/tyler_beauregard.htm" TARGET=_blank>
68-LT1-T56
</A>
<A HREF="http://www.pro-touring.com/featured_cars/Camaro/1968_Camaro/Tyler_Beauregard/5050.htm" TARGET=_blank>
50/50
</A>

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Sorry about that. I don't know how I got that thing. I'll check out that site, thanks for the link. I don't understand this thing, I know I've emailed Tyler before, but I don't remember ever emailing Dennis or boddlefoof. This type of stuff really aggrivates me. Sorry again, Mark

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Dennis, I downloaded that badtrans (bad trans, my tranny shifts fine? hehe) file and it found a bad file and deleted it, so hopefully that will fix it. You guys might know more about this then I, but last night I was downloading some songs from Morpheous, and I went to bed with it on. When I woke up this morning I had like 70 returned emails from address unknown! Is that how I got it?

[This message has been edited by MarkM (edited 12-27-2001).]

·
Retired
26,644 Posts
The returned e-mail is from bad addresses found in your cache folder or your address book. You browse some sites and the links and e-mail addresses are captured on your PC. That's how your PC sent out e-mail to boodlefoof and myself.

You may have gotten it from a download but more likely you of another user of your PC opened an e-mail with an infected attachment!!

Glad to here your getting it cleaned up.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
10,147 Posts
I've been getting a bunch of those...
39k files with no subject.
The return address has an extra _ added before the return address, so if you send a return message it comes back to you.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Chev 350 Can-Am Vintage Racer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts