Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all , I speak chili and I have a little big problem with my car what happens is that I have a camaro and radio tells me locked ..and not to do .. is rare to see that in a radio? As can be solved? .. Is the agradeceria. because the truth is that I have much wisdom in this car .. I have a coupe 2012 camaro,thank you very much.

pd:I have this radio : http://photos2.automanager.com/021409/47409520b65f5043870a80b81da1341d/70fc104589_640.jpg

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Diego - what year is your Camaro?

·
19,892 Posts
Dealerships should have a key number they can put in to restore back to default ?

·
Super Moderator
32,603 Posts
You might try reading the Owner's Manual and the Radio manual, or automobile pouch, pouch having the OM, Tire warranty, vehicle warranty, etc., may have the security code for unlocking.
If you don't have one, buy one from the dealer as the manuals should be available.
And finally, if the above doesn't work, than as Doug suggests, visit the dealer.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Anti-theft devices on radios have been common for a number of years now. I recently had this same problem on my daughter's Honda accord. Lucky for me, in with the owner's manual was a maintenance record book. Someone was wise enough to write the radio code in there.

·
Super Moderator
32,603 Posts
Somewhere with the OM's, remember I suggested earlier a pouch, or similar device, there may be a card/book with the radio security code. Might be stuck in the Radio Manual.
If no card/book is present, then dealership is your next place.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I think your radio detects the vin of your car for anti theft purposes. If the cars vin does not match the vin that the radio expects to see, it will become disabled. I dont know how to make the radio relearn your vehicles vin. Most likely a trip to the dealer is needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts