Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, long time lurker. Finally signed up. My first car was a POS 1969 Camaro..it might have been a hunk of junk, but I loved it. Still sad to this day, that I sold it. Only other car that I ever owned that I liked even half as much was my. 2002 Z28..and yes that one is gone too.

I am looking to buy a "new" 69, to replace my old one. Not in a big rush, as I've been without one for almost 19 years.

Little bit about me, I'm 36, married with 4 rug rats and 2 more on the way. (Yes I know... I'm crazy)

I'm hoping that once I find one that I like, I will be able to use you guys as a resource for getting it done right. :) I'm not looking to buy a total bucket, but I'm also not looking to spend much more than 30k. Obviously, the higher the price, the less I will have to "fix" it. But I also know you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
854 Posts
For 30K you can get a very one. Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very NICE one*
Yeah, I think my wife might not like me spending 30 grand on one...but that's probably the highest I'd go. I'm not looking to build anything crazy, just a nice stock car with maybe better gears, and suspension. :)

Oh and thank you for the welcome! Glad to be here.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
For that budget you should do well. You should be able to get a very good finished car for that unless you are looking for concourse. Of course you may need a trailer for the family.
Welcome

·
Premium Member
12,511 Posts
Welcome Mark - I agree with the welcome committee so far, $30k would set you up with a decent driver that would let you enjoy and tinker a bit.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys! Yeah we probably do need a trailer for all my kids! Haha. We have a mini van, and I'm probably gonna get a Suburban once the twins come..

I'm kinda torn, I would love to get one that needs a total rebuild, and spend most of the 30k on that...but realistically with a whole basketball team plus one reserve worth of kids, I know I won't have the time. So I'm gunning for a good driver quality that may just need a few tweaks.

Anybody have a bad/good experience with buying one from ebay?

·
19,993 Posts
Welcome to TC :beers:

And good luck on finding your dream car :D

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Welcome T.c. I also attach my wishes for a fruitful search to the crew ones.:)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is no such thing as POS 69 Camaro. :noway:
Some just need more love than others.

Ha! Maybe it was the hand towel...er I mean window defroster, or the 3" thick bondo on the rear quarter...or the horn that never worked..or..heck, I could go on and on! Lol.

Great to see a Corona guy on here!

And once again, thank you all for the warm welcome. You guys are the best.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Welcome! I just joined two weeks ago and already have had some great advice.

My recent purchase was off craigslist. I searched different areas where I have knowledgeable friends who are willing to see the car for me on my behalf. I paid under asking price knowing required repairs would go above asking. Budget $3K to make a car that's been sitting road-worthy. The owner is friend of the family and very particular about the car. I intend to keep the original 230 L6 in the car and won out over other higher offers from people who were going to swap in a V8.

With two kiddies and limited time, paying a trusted mechanic was worth every penny. ebay was a fiasco, with bid prices for beautiful SS's starting at $14K, but car lot prices $36K and then there's the hidden reserve so you have no idea what the real price would be.

You should be able to find something great in your price range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts