Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my 68 RS/SS two days ago. It has a lot of neat options like Power Windows, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM, Glove Box Light, Headrests... but it needs a lot of work. So if any other Ohio members want to come over and help me restore, er... I mean explore my new ride, let me know! :thumbsup:

(Drivers side Dual Exhaust hanger)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but aside from the bloody knuckles, thats half the fun! It's my first big bbc and boy does it have some pep. Took me less than a few hours before I had a pair of stripes in front of my house. She was about to stall out so I hit the gas and formerly introduced the neighbors to her! ;o)

·
Premium Member
1968 RS/SS 396 L78, M22 Muncie, 3:73 12 bolt Posi
340 Posts
Welcome Dan,
You couldn't have picked a better year and car with those options, plus with a big Block!!!! Congrats! I'm originally from Fairfield Ohio...

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Welcome to TC from north of the 49th.

Looks like a great base car to work from...take really close note of that apparent rust in the back window area...and a pulling of the carpets may tell a tale as well.

Well optioned to boot, and the best year ever. :thumbsup: Good luck on your..."exploring"...and do hope for the Huck Finn syndrome to take place.. but it may cost ya many a beer!

capt

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Mike & Mike - those towns are close to each other - and real close to Norwood Ohio - where it all began! By the way, I worked for LOF / Pilkington for 18 years so if anyone has any glass related questions, I might be able to help out.

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts