Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found your site and I'm loving it already. I'm getting ready to restore 2 68 camaros and I'll be needing some help, I'm sure. I'm a FORD (haha) dealership mechanic but I've always had a soft spot for these beautiful old camaros. I've had both of mine since 2000 but the money situation hadn't allowed me to do anything up until now. One of my camaros (the one in better shape) was originally a 6 cylinder car and the other was an 8. I think the 8 cylinder was an RS with A/C and it has a deluxe interior. It has the wide trim on the doors and the previous owner made some mention of it having RS headlights and selling them to someone. I bought it with no front sheet metal. I will be trying my luck on this one first because it is a lot rustier (lots of practice) and I only paid 150 bucks for it so I won't feel too bad if I screw up on it. I only bought it in the first place to steal the firewall off of it to patch the 6 banger's mangled firewall. Someone previously did some terrible work on it. Now that I've watched it sit out behind the barn for all this time I've decided to give it what it deserves. I'm a very good mechanic and I know how to weld but body work is new to me. I want to learn and I will probably have to ask a bunch of questions. Well, sorry for being so long winded. I look forward to being a part of this nice site.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Keith, welcome to the Team! Good luck with your project. Take plenty of pictures when you can and post them soon! :waving:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Well you found the best site out there. Im pretty much in the same boat as you in terms of restoring them. However never give up and youll always have people here to get you through anything!

Welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well here's the one in worse shape. Ain't she a beaut? I can't wait to get started. I need to buy a trunk pan, a floor pan and a roof to get started. Go ahead, call me crazy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts