Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be quite the thread... I have 3 beautiful Chevy's that I would like to share with you. One of which (The 68), was just purchased.

My name is Mike, I'm a moderator over on the MonteCarloForum. Live out near Philly, PA. I'm a Graphic Designer and I work at a software company.

Right now I drive a 2000 Monte Carlo SS and a 1998 Camaro.

Let's get to my cars. First up, my baby, owned since mile 0, currently has 183,000 miles on it. It's a Black 2000 Monte Carlo SS. This was the first car I actually modified, all my previous cars were basically just kept routine maintenance on.

Engine/Drivetrain: CAI, ZZP Stage 1 HVTB, ZZP HV3 Insert, ZZP ER Rockers, 180° Thermo, ZZP 304 SS Powerlog, ZZP 2.5" 304 SS Downpipe, GMPP Full Cat-Back Exhaust, custom tuned.

Suspension: Not much here, just front and rear STBs. Need to fix up some rusting out frame rails and radiator core support before I get crazy.

Wheels: I have 2 sets of rims, the ugly stockers that came with the car for winter, and in the summer I have 18" Polished Aluminum Eagle 077s.

Exterior: Painted bottom trim (silver with red), 2006 Stand-up Spoiler, IPCW Black Bermuda LED Tails, Tinted reverse lights, 3rd brake light overlay, Roof rails, Weathertech In-Channel rain guards, SLP Grille, debadged Trunk Lid, Silver Monte Carlo scripts on quarter panels.

Interior: Black and Red wheelskin, LED light swaps, Red Bowtie Headrests, Super clean black leather interior.

Future Plans with this car are currently on hold. During my last inspection, I was informed of very bad rusting going on with the car. I need to do my restoration a little early. Need to start locating body shops and getting real estimates on what I need to repair. I was going to be putting a ZZP Z3 Turbo on this year, but that is currently on hold

Few Pics:

Now for the Camaro

I bought this car last year because I wanted to get proficient with a manual for daily driving. Also I was ready to start working on the Monte and needed a second car for when I took it off the road. I found this beauty on eBay, no reserve, and snatched it up for $3200 bucks. Rare color, 5 speed, manual windows/locks, T-Tops. It was honestly everything I wanted in an F-Body.

I figured I couldn't go wrong with another L36 powered car, since the Monte has been crazy reliable for me. I also found out that the Bright Purple Metallic color was only available in 97 and 98, and in 98 only 380 cars TOTAL got this color. So I am sure I won't run into many with a car that looks quite like mine.

Have not done much to this car, as my money goes to the Monte. I have just been fixing it up as I go along. My only real modifications are a CAI and a Hurst Short-Throw shifter. Already has an aftermarket exhaust but it is so loud and obnoxious. I kind of hate it, but it's not broken so it's not worth putting money at it.

Here's a couple shots of the 98 Camaro:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And my father and I went in together and are the proud owners of a 68 Camaro!

Here's the information from the seller:

Exterior

· Burgundy exterior
· SS grille and front fender emblems and SS gas cap
· 350 front fender emblems
· Steel 2 inch cowl induction hood
· Front air dam and rear spoiler
· 14 inch front and 15 inch rear American Racing Torq Thrust II aluminum wheels
· Like new tires 215/70R14 on the front and 255/60R15 on the back

Interior

· Black interior
· Front bucket seats
· Factory in-dash 120 mph speedometer and fuel gauges
· Factory center console with horseshoe shifter
· Aftermarket water temperature, oil pressure and voltmeter gauges
· Grant GT steering wheel
· AM/FM/cassette player with Kicker speakers

Driveline

· 350ci Small Block Chevy engine
· Turbo 350 automatic transmission
· GM 10-bolt POSI rear axle and housing

Additional Options

· HEI ignition
· Power front disc and rear drum brakes
· Power steering
· Chrome air cleaner and valve covers
· Edelbrock 1406 single feed carburetor with electric choke
· Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum intake
· Headers with dual exhaust complete with tailpipes
· Aluminum radiator

We also picked up a complete 2nd set of tires, AND got a spare.

And some pictures!

·
Super Moderator
32,753 Posts
Welcome, Michael, glad to have you aboard.
Nice corral you have.
I must say: correct year of Camaro, '68, of course, but any chosen vehicle satisfiying one's own preference, is good enough.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Welcome -

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the welcomes!

I have quite a lot to learn about this 68. I'm definitely a younger guy who knows all of the modern cars way better.

·
Premium Member
12,511 Posts
Welcome to TC

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts