Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for a little while and thought maybe it was time. I have a SS396 coupe that I restored a while back. I did all the work myself except for spraying the Fathom Green paint. I bought the car stripped down from a drag racer and had to track down all the right parts. All of the sheetmetal is NOS from back when you could buy it all from GM. Everything is correct numbers and dates (except the carb) but the motor is not THE original. Enough of that. The current project is in my sig. and I plan to drive the crap out of this one! Anyway I've got some pretty good info from here and thought I should sign in. Any questions feel free! Sorry so windy:)

New Project
LS7

Sick of the pics yet:yes: If you want more I've got lots.:D

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
First off - WELCOME to Team CAMARO :hurray:

Those are some nice cars in the picts :thumbsup:
Oh - we never get tired of picts :D

Nice job on the project :beers:
Like the way the firewall is smoothed but still retains some of the stock/restored look! What Heat/AC set-up are you using?
I assume you had to tub or mini-tub the rear for those tires?
The remote filter and hydro-vac booster are 'uber' good ideas - will go a long way to making this a serviceable daily driver :D

Looking forward to more picts of your progress;
John

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome to this site.:yes: :beers:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro. Looking good!!! :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome to the team! Nice SS...Love the color too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome and the comments. I look forward to chiming in

First off - WELCOME to Team CAMARO :hurray:

What Heat/AC set-up are you using?
I assume you had to tub or mini-tub the rear for those tires?
The remote filter and hydro-vac booster are 'uber' good ideas - will go a long way to making this a serviceable daily driver :D
I'm using the Vintage Air GEN II Compac unit. I minitubbed the rear with the DSE tubs and also used the USA made outerwheelhouses from Ricks, they fit great and were worth the extra money. I can't wait to try the brakes with the Hydraboost and the 14" Baer brakes. Better be wearing my seatbelts!!:yes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome. Your SS is beautiful! Is it the 325 HP? 4sp?
Your 69 Pro Touring Coupe build is similar to mine.
Thanks, It is a 350hp 4 speed. Hows your PT project coming along? Should have mine painted by next week. I am really looking forward to final assembly. Been working on it for a little over a year.

·
Super Moderator
32,346 Posts
Welcome from the Beach! Nice ride, both of them and we never get tired of pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts