Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dudes.

Im looking to buy an imported Z28 Camaro in the UK around 1993-1996 model.
Im concerned about lack of spares etc in the Uk and was wondering if there are any reliability issues and the main things to look out for on a test drive.
I LOVE American muscle cars and the beautiful noise they make they are rare on UK roads.

Cheers in advance guys

Jay

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome from OHIO.:beers:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Welcome! :beers:

Buying a later model Camaro is really not all that different from buying any other used car (other then it's a Camaro). Look the normal wear signs. Is the steering tight, does the make odd sounds, squeaks, etc.? Has the ride, too soft, bounce? Is the car clean or does look abused?

Also, something to keep in mind, the more "modified" it is, chances are it may have been drive hard.
Just few things to keep in mind.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome.
Good luck in your search for the Z-28.
I owned a 97 Z28-SS. The only issues I can remember was an oil leak out the back of the intake manifold and that there was a recall on the A.I.R. pump. Mine also needed an EGR valve before 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Jay.....from across the pond! :D :waving:

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Have a cup of Earl Gray on me or a Guiness :beers: welcome

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Hi there Jay! Welcome from the colony to the west. I know there are a few Cams your way, but still rare on the roads. By the way, what's a litre of gas... make that petrol in your neck of the woods?

Capt68:beers:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Ditto from Oregon!:beers: Have a pint on me.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Welcome Jay from Detroit Michigan.Do the pint glasses at the local still have the nifty little white lines on them?:beers:

·
Registered
993 Posts
howdy! if you're looking for late model camaro fans, try posting a thread looking for team camaro members stationed at RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath. i have spent 3 years living there myself. not only to they have the occaisional z28 for sale, if you make a yank friend, he can get some very reasonable prices and ultra-cheap shipping for parts as well. i'm not condoning any 'black market' type stuff, but i'm sure a friendly airman in the area probably wouldn't mind hooking you up. good luck and welcome to the site!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts