Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought this last night, it's an original Z but not original engine and needs a good Resto. I will no doubt be asking some questions along the way. This is my third orange / white Camaro, I also have a 70 Z and a 2010 SS/RS. The 69 is originally burgundy with black stripes and houndstooth int. , I'm not sure if I'm going back to original color or not.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Hey Jeff - Welcome to TC. Nice find. We look forward to your posts.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted some pictures of a few of my other toys in my car album. I think I'm a certified car nut, but I'm guessing that is almost everyone here.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Very nice and yeah you have the Orange fever. :yes:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Welcome aboard Jeff. Where in Ohio are you? If you care to say. Nice 69. Great site and members here. Enjoy the journey.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live just south of Canton, 20 minutes from the football hall of fame and about 45 minutes from Summit Auto Racing. The car has a 350 in it now but he has a 302 DZ block and crank that I still have to pick up, the block and crank both need work and may be junk. I haven't checked the numbers on the trans and rear yet but it is a 12 bolt.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Spoke to him before you bought the car, he said 4:10 gears but is a BU 3:73. He was not sure if the spare DZ block was matching. See what vin is there if any... by oil filter and see what casing # it is.

Congrats.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm picking up the block and crank today after the race. I wanted to buy this car in 1980 when it was still original engine and paint but couldn't afford it at the time. I live within 1 mile of the guy who painted it and changed the engine, I'm hoping to get the whole story soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts