Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi from the other side of the atlantic ocean. i´m living in austria (where the kangaroos go skiing and a rectangle headed governor with funny accent is from :D)
my baby is a 69 camaro with a 12:1 CR 468 (running pump gas:thumbsup:), 200-4r tranny, hotchkiss springs around,SSBC front and back,..........
daily driver is my 06 Hemi Ram as work truck.
i´m running a little restaurant for hiker and mountain-biker in the alps as summer job (im located right where germany-switzerland and austria meet) and wintertime my parents own a ski-school with rental where i also run the business. right between seasons i work on my camaro. unfortunately i finished a body restoration this spring but wrecked my camaro road racing 2 weeks ago so i´m actually replacing all the sheet-metal on passenger side again (waiting for my new door and fender from NPD). from as a child on i got us-cars as toys so i think there comes my passion from and i´ve always been fascinated by the us. best time so far i had was in 05 when i spent 7 months in massage school in cottonwood AZ (20 minutes from Sedona and about an hour south of Flagstaff).

pat

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
hi from overseas
I recon all the guys in Nth America are overseas lol

(where the kangaroos go skiing and a rectangle headed governor with funny accent is from )
No Kiwis ??? or are their arms too short for the ski poles lol

Welcome to the only real home of 1st gen Camaros...

Cheers
Steps

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Bummer!!!!
Any slight ripples along the top of the dash? If the piller has moved theres often a little 'tweek' where the speaker goes....
And pulling it out in that area you are looking around 15 to 20 tons.
Looks like the rear door piller will need pulling to....once that is pulled the rear panel will beat out to new with a guy who knows what he is doing...and the front guard will to.
The door, looks like a new one.
Loose it on the cnr racing and get into a slide?

Beutiful valley...something straight out of the "Sound of Music"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
don´t know exactly what the engine makes but desktop dyno said 630HP and 590TQ. my butt and my buddies and some road signs can say that it´s gonna be close to that :D. i just know that a guy from my area has a 71 ranchero and he bought a BBF 550HP crate engine and he´s got no chance at all even with my 3.08 rearend.
fortunately there was no damage at all at the body except of the sign denting the roof a little bit. so right now i´m waiting for my door,fender and interior parts. actually i wanted to get a new 540 all aluminum big block but now it´s gonna be sheetmetal and a tko600, engine next year.........i love that car but i think i should move the whole thing to the us for a while build it up and then ship it back, i think steps knows what it means to pay more for shipping and custom taxes than for the part itself :mad:. btw steps my gramps sister moved to wellington as a young girl after ww2 and i probably gonna visit her this november, bet you have far more beautiful valleys under down under :beers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ever been in liechtenstein? it´s a 30 minute drive from my town to liechtenstein border. yep we have a huge community over here. our part of austria has around 400.000 people (largest "city" has got 40.000) but i won´t lie if i say we have around 150-200 classic us-cars. there´s alone 9 muscle cars in my town. a buddy is importing 10-15 cars every spring and autumn.........

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
btw steps my gramps sister moved to wellington as a young girl after ww2 and i probably gonna visit her this november, bet you have far more beautiful valleys under down under
If you are going to hit Auckland contact me Airport is only a few minutes away...
Even put you up for the night if need be.
Not more beutiful, just beutifull in a different way...different trees bush ..that is more like our Sth Island....And your buildings are old...NZ doesnt have many old buildings going back before the late 1800s.

Shiping from anywhere but The west coast/LA is out of the question...Though air freight is not much more so I generally air frieight my stuff, even if it is a large item like carpets or a radiator.....General rule of thumb is 2x the cataloge price and add a bit more

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just imagine how many extra parts and upgrades we could have done if we saved those shipping/duty costs :D
thanks for your offer, if i come down i´ll show up for a beer :beers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts