Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 69' Camaro that I've had since High school. This was my first car and it was a bondo bucket. I've gone to a few body shops locally and they want 10-20k for all the body work.
I've gone through lots of ideas of what to do for the car. Currently I'm planning on dropping in a 434 SBC with 18 degree heads, like an early 90's nascar engine sort of, high revving but with more cubic inches.
The suspension is a wayne dues front sub-frame with c-4 corvette suspension. not sure on what i'm going to do to the rear yet? maybe something from art morrison. Interior??? not near ready for that yet. covans classics dash with the autometer gauges, and an american autowire wiring harness. Fully caged. Lots of ideas I don't want to bore you with.

Clay

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Clay, lots of idea's. How far have you gotten? 10 to 20 grand is a lot of money for body work. You should try to do what you can to save.

Where about in Southern Calif are you?

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Clay, I bet you would be surprised at all the things you would be able to do on your Camaro on your own. There is a lot of information, both on this site and on the internet detailing the steps involved in any type of restoration project. Most of us learned by trial and error, but there is also the vast amount of knowledge, experience and a willingness to share right here on the Team Camaro site, so ask away and I'm sure you'll get a lot of helpful info and ideas.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
welcome to team camaro!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro ! Depending upon where the bondo is and really how much you might be better off replacing panels instead of trying to fix them especially since this doesn't sound like a matching numbers resto :D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts