Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i finally got it to keep running. But now it goes from hi to low idle and keeps doing it until the car shuts down by itself or i shut it down. I checked all my vaccum lines they seem ok. I s there anything else that i can do.

------------------
86 camaro rs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I tryed the IAC still doing same thing is there anything else I can do.

------------------
86 camaro rs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked feul pressure its great. I just got back from test driving it. It runs fine only does high low idle when cold and when it warms up it goes to a really low idle like it wants to stall out.

------------------
86 camaro rs

·
Registered
159 Posts
How did you "try the iac"?? Did you mess with the 'minimum air' idle screw?This should not be touched.Is this throttle body injection or tpi? Tpi engines can have a build up of 'coking' behind throttle plate that restricts the air from getting into engine at idle.It's a hard carbon looking gunk.Look inside throttle bore and see if that's in there.Clean out with carb spray and toothbrush.Clean iac valve and passage also.To see if iac works you'll have to short A-B together in data connector and turn key on(don't start)and listen for it to make a buzzing sound.Shorting A-B together causes iac to close .Have someone turn key on for you while you listen at iac.

·
Registered
707 Posts
What you are seeing/experiencing is a symptom of another problem. What you need to do , if you are serious about fixing it is to go to your library and look intheir manualls and go through the troubleshooting portion. It may be a simple idle relearn that you need to do. Throwing parts at it will quickly drive you insane and broke. Follow the steps DO NOT SKIP ANY!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello everybody thanks for your help I did everything you guys told me to do she is working great now. Keep up the good work guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had to clean out my IAC and and my intake exremely cruddy but its working great now.

------------------
86 camaro rs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts