Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
These cars are unsafe enough - no air bags, crumple zones, etc. - that I'd be hard pressed to omit the one piece of safety equipment that's available - a three point seat belt. Happy and consistent Morris Classics 3 point belt user here.
exactly.

Good timing. I was going to ask this next week when I get back out in the garage. I wasn't sure where the upper mounts are.

I just got Morris Classic belts. They look fantastic. Got his mirrors too.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
exactly.

I just got Morris Classic belts. They look fantastic. Got his mirrors too.
Were you able to find the ones with the GM logo on the buckle? (Seems like they may have been discontinued)

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,540 Posts
Were you able to find the ones with the GM logo on the buckle? (Seems like they may have been discontinued)
As between death in an accident and "correct" seat belt logos, I'll take living for $200, Alex.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
As between death in an accident and "correct" seat belt logos, I'll take living for $200, Alex.
Agreed (LOL), but if I can still find some with the GM logo that would be my first choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My interior guy put in my headliner with leaving cutouts for my shoulder restraints. I now need to find their location through the headliner and carefully cut them out. I cannot feel where they are by pushing on the headliner -it is too tight. I know roughly where they are from looking at photos but hate to cut and find I’ve missed the spot by 1/2 inch. Would you be able to insert a tiny needle through the headliner without damaging it to feel for it? Anyone have any ideas without removing the headliner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do not Cut your Headliner
The Seat Belt Mounting Position is easily found my pressing the Headliner and feeling for the Mounting Holes. Then use one of those Long Gasket Needle Hole finders snd simply push a small entry through the Headliner. You can find these tools at Harbor Freight, commonly use for finding Screw Holes for Upholstery. Just look at a car that already has the Seat Belt Mountings. I actually made photos of the Location before my headliner was installed. And I used 3 of those little hole locators inserted while I mounted the Seat Belt. You risk a knife slip that can ruin you headliner - fo not cut anything around that area.
Just Saying - it’s your car.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Have any of you installed shoulder belts in a 67 with seat extenders? I need to locate my upper locations also. I think the locations were moved rearward in 68 relative to 67 and futher in 69 due to lousy positioning. I am afraid its a bad combo but I'll find out soon enough.
I have the 4" seat extenders and the standard 3 point Morris belts with deluxe interior with no problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
My interior guy put in my headliner with leaving cutouts for my shoulder restraints. I now need to find their location through the headliner and carefully cut them out. I cannot feel where they are by pushing on the headliner -it is too tight. I know roughly where they are from looking at photos but hate to cut and find I’ve missed the spot by 1/2 inch. Would you be able to insert a tiny needle through the headliner without damaging it to feel for it? Anyone have any ideas without removing the headliner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was able to find mine with an ice pick. Used the tip to push through headliner to find the holes without damaging the headliner.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
The headliner may feel too tight when to feeling for the holes, but I wouldn't worry about it getting stretched a bit, the belt mounting brackets will stretch it more than your finger poking at it. I wonder if a little mist of water or heat from a blow dryer would help?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts