Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I recently installed 5" autometer gauges in my 67 dash. I need to get the blinker indicator lights and high beam hooked up so I can get it inspected. The high beam I have figured out by using a 1/8" green LED, but what about the blinkers. I don't really want to drill holes in my new dash insert.

------------------
Kent
67 SS 427

·
Registered
297 Posts
Kent - Parr Automotive sells a small 5/8" x 1-7/8" brushed aluminum indicator set made by Streetworks. It has a high beam and left and right arrow indicators. Not sure where you would mount it, but it is a pretty nice little light set. Part # STR-L14.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Just my thinking, but knowing how small LEDs are, maybe you can open the tach & speedometer housings and drill their faces to fit them inside. That would be realy neat.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
92 Posts
Radio Shack sells little amber, green or red 12volt LED lights that are 3/16 diameter. They come with their own threaded body and retaining nut and cab be mounted four inches or so in front of the 5" gauges on the underside of the recess the gauges are in.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,728 Posts
kwissman, I installed the same setup on my 68. I just used the the factory high beam and drilled holes in the bezel for the LED's from Radio Shack (ones pink68 was talking about), they only cost $2 apiece I think. They are easy to hook up, just a ground and a power. If I remember correctly, the high beam uses a green (light green I think) wire (seperate from the factory connector) and the turn signals use the light and dark blue wires that are in the factory connector. Be sure to use a voltmeter to find them for sure. I will send you pictures of how I put my signals in.

130fe

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the replys. I went with the small LEDs in the panel. The one for the High Beam just slipped right into the existing hole. I drilled 1/4" holes on the center edge for the blinkers. Now I am legal again. I just need to hook up my horn again. I was working fine and just decided to start going off one day on its own, so it is disconnected.

------------------
Kent
67 SS 427

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.