Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and saw solutions for people with hitachi ultra lite high torque starter and MSD ignition parts. I am not running MSD and am stuck trying to wire up the starter.

Like i said i have an Accel super coil with the Ballast resistor and Hitachi mini starter. the starter has 1 upper bolt and nut, 1 lower bolt and nut, and a connector off to the side. How do i wire this up with the yellow wire! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
on a regular starter it is big wire is positive from battery. purple wire to solenoid side of starter of which should be top side small wire. for your coil i think it runs ons 8 volts not 12 since it has a ballast in it. the yellow wire from coil runs to lower stud on starter since it has 12 volts on startup. and is dead after starter is off. than the coil runs through ballast wire and turns voltage 12 volts down to 8 volts.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I think Bill has a fine idea there, but you may have to install a diode to prevent the ignition power from keeping the starter motor running once it's spun up.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think Bill has a fine idea there, but you may have to install a diode to prevent the ignition power from keeping the starter motor running once it's spun up.
Yep, I'm in the same boat, got the GMPP mini-geardrive starter and trying to decide between putting a diode inline with the yellow wire or running a seperate dp relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts