Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the first gens have any towing package?

Has anyone ever put a hitch on one?

If not and you fab one onto a camaro, how much could you tow with it.

Im thinking like a small trailer for motorcyle or jetski?

Tony

------------------
obnoxious 67 camaro under construction. TH350/383 stroker w/ aluminum Edlebroc RPM heads,cam, and carb. Guldstrand mod, Hotchkis 600lbs springs. Next Hotchkis swaybar and disc brakes.This is a "Daily Driver" that still needs A LOT of work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Many, many years ago I used to pull a 16ft. boat with a six banger Maverick. I'm sure a hitch can be fabed for a Camaro. May have to beef up the rear suspension.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have seen a hitch before on a Camaro. It was "U" shaped with the tops of the U bolted to the bumper. There was an added support bolted somewhere under the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought one at a swap meet several years ago for $5.00 just cuz. I've never installed it though. It's the last one I've seen since.

------------------
Fathom Green 69 SS 350

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Gawd...someone welded a hitch on my car. Welded it to the tail pan in fact. I guess I'm lucky that the tail pan had rust and needed replacing anyway. Going to have to get a cutting torch to get the rest. Are you sure you want to put a hitch on a camaro?

-dnult

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i cringe everytime i see a car being pulled behind an rv.. can't be good for the poor transmission. if a car needs to be pulled, get a trailer.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

[This message has been edited by novaderrik (edited 07-14-2002).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts