Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a holley 770 street avenger on a 355 with electronic ignition. it came that way when i bought it. it starts every time no matter the weather or how long it sits. problem is that when it idles, it gradually idles faster and faster until it sounds like someone's standing on the gas. can't be good for the car. the only thing i have to do is pat the pedal once and it goes back to normal idle. but then it starts over again. also, when i'm driving and i sometimes do a moderate brake; like slowing for a quick yellow/red light, the car stalls. i figured i needed to add bafflers to fuel bowls but i don't know if it may be something else or and the two problems are related and could be fixed with a single solution.

·
Retired
26,601 Posts
You haven't given much to go on, what have you checked already? The idle issue could be an ignition/distributor problem or a carb problem. Have you checked your timing advance curve to see if you are idling on the curve? Too light of advance springs could cause the problem you speak of.

If it's not ignition related then the floats could need adjusting, the needle and seat could be sticking, and or you could have a vacuum leak. It could be time to go through the carb and put it back to factory spec's. Here's some info that can help you figure the carb out.

http://camaros.net/techref/series_2.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts