Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 Z NOM came with a Holley carb when I bought it a few years ago.
Here are the numbers on it: LIST 3310-3 3507.
I have found out the 3310 means it's a 750 double pumper, but that's all I have found, are the other numbers date codes?

I am going to put a rebuild kit in it, I have never rebuilt a carb so any advise first timer rebuilder would be great!

·
Retired
26,654 Posts
Those articles have nothing to do with id'ing a carb, you said you have never rebuilt a carb and that's what the articles are about, helping someone who has never rebuilt a carb...

As for your 3310 I can't tell you what it came on originally, it wasn't a 1st gen, maybe an early to mid 60's big block but I think the -3 means it's a 4160 (no secondary metering block) It's more than likely a service replacement.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey Tom,
I just bought the Holley rebuilt kit last week for $21. I took it all apart and changed all the gaskets and needles and power valve, and put it back exactly the same way. Put it on the car and it started but i started to get a lot of fuel coming out of the exhaust. It was my first time too and a seemed like a simple fix. I do not want to discourage you, but the carb is a sensitive part of how your angine will work and how long it will live. Take it to the professionals. I dropped mine off for a rebuild......$140.:(
At least i know what the inside of the carb looks like:D
Good luck.:beers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts