Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my CTS tonight and am not happy with the clearance between the harness and the header. As I see it I have a couple of options:

1) Insulate the wiring with a wrap, etc
2) find a shorter adapter fitting
3) find a CTS that is 1/2" NPT instead of 3/8 NPT.

Anyone have a good solution or recommendation on a sensor or "shorter fitting"

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do you have a spot available up on top by your thermostat? I didn’t so I used a 3/8” brass tee to put two sensors in the one spot by my thermostat.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hopefully that will get you the needed clearance. What intake manifold do you have? Most aftermarkets will be tapped with a 3/8" fitting on top of the water cross over. When I installed my EFI, I used the top fitting for the CTS and the one you are using for the stock sensor.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an RPM air-gap. I had heard people saying the intake ports might not be good enough for the CTS. I guess I can try it in the rear port of the intake.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I also have an RPM Air Gap. My temps in the back of the manifold were 15-20 degrees cooler because the coolant was just coming from the radiator. Like I said before, I used a 3/8” NPT street tee to put two sensors in the front, right before the coolant goes back into the radiator. Something like this, but you can probably find something cheaper: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/american-grease-stick-2775/hardware---fasteners-16585/brass-fittings-16690/pipe-thread-fittings-18437/42cdacce856a/american-grease-stick-street-tee/ptf74b/6108740?q=3/8+street+tee&pos=1

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, for now I decided to run it in the front of the manifold. Once I get things dialed in I'll try moving it to the rear and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts