Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sick & tired of this darn garden hose they call Holley. Bought this thing new and it has given me issues since day one. Had to tear it down and put in a kit, then tear it down to repair faulty casting(ridges on the secondary metering plate preventing sealing), and now again it is pouring UNWANTED fuel into my engine. Was going to put an edelbrock on but causes some height and linkage issues(too dang wide). Rather than buy another $400 door stop I am considering fuel injection. Particularly the FAST unit. Worth the cash? Anybody running one? I need a drink....

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I've run holleys for 20 years now--never had any of the issues you are describing--dd you contact them after your purchase?

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I am sorry for the issues that you are having with your carb. As for the FAST system, they are absolutely amazing. The 2.0 would be the one I would utilize due to the returnless in-tank pump system and the system adjusting the voltage to regulate the psi. I noticed about a 4-5 mpg increase as well as a noticeable seat of the pants power increase on a mild 350 after switching from a 650 holley dp. I've installed a 2.0 and a 1.0 and both are great. Ensure that you get the master kit as to avoid having to outsource the pump and wiring unless you are good with that sort of thing. I wish you well on you endeavor friend.
- Rob

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Did you contact the place of purchase when you first started having problems?

Sounds to me like too much fuel pressure, incorrect float height or trash in the needle and seat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply guys. Well after tearing into this carb I think I found the problem. Seems last time I had it apart I put the plastic vent baffle on the wrong side of the gasket and it fell into the float bowl and was causing the grief. So......my bad. :) Hopefully someone will learn from my dumb mistake. Although, I am still thinking about fuel injection. The wife isn't......but I am. LoL

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
New Holleys are NOT READY to run out of the box as in days of yore.

My last two Holleys had to be completely disassembled and inspected for casting flash, milling trash and seal integrity before putting them in service. Once they are properly cleaned, trimmed, sealed and setup, they work just as good as the old ones did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts