Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a pic of two jets. One is out of my holley 1050 and the other is out of a holley jet kit. The smaller holed one is out of the carb and it is #100. the smaller jet is out of the kit and is #99. Obviously the 100 out of the carb has some other numbering system. I pulled apart a 650 holley and it had an #84 in it. Its hole sized matched the 84 in the kit.

Anyone run across this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Ran into a similar issue back in the 80s...I sourced a document listing holly numbers and flow sizes ....it also warned never to drill out as the results could be unreliable due to flows are varied not just from hole sizes but tapers and champher on the hole shoulders...

Ar u sure that none of the sample have not been modified, drilled?....and that is a good possibility on many re built carbs re sold as re manufactured

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
A lot of Companies today say made in USA but the only thing they do in the USA is box it. Not sure about Holley.
Yeah, well I am. My company does business with them. There seem to be a lot of things "you aren't sure of". Its your responsibility to do the research and know where your parts come from. Every single part of my engine, transmission, and suspension was designed in the U.S. and made in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry! The larger hole jet is number 99. The smaller hole jet is number 100 out of the carburetor. There must be a different style jet like DJ D said. I'll have to research on the Internet to see if I can find something about alcohol jets. The carburetor is new but was tuned while the car was in california. and the jet kit is brand new. The jet kit is manufactured by holley.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like these are Max jets. I found a chart that compares them to Holley jets. Thanks DJD and others for your help. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts