Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, was changing jets on my 670 Street Avenger and I stripped on of the 4 bolts that holds the bowl on. Anyway trying to find the right size helicoil..looks liek a 12-24 thread size but I am not sure...would anyone happen to know the correct size?

Thanks
chris

·
3,669 Posts
Chris,
Holley has a helicoil kit for those threads, it is nowhere near $80 :eek:

I have a kit at the shop and can let you know the correct size, it is an unusual size, but not hard to find.

·
3,669 Posts
Well,
I lied, Holley has become extremely proud of thier kit. The last one I bought was helicoil brand and I think it was around $30, not that long ago either. Grainger has a kit for $30, I am sure you could find one locally for close to that. See if there is a Fastenall dealer near you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the kit cheaper 35$ thanks all!!

Another quick question...The motor is a brand new build. I started it 4 times before the leak and it ran like a champ. The last time I started it it was "snapping" or popping real bad at idle. That is what made me look an I noticed the bowl leak. Could a bowl leak cause the car to run bad? (Could air be sucked into the bowl and then up into the jets causing a snap).

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.