Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, was changing jets on my 670 Street Avenger and I stripped on of the 4 bolts that holds the bowl on. Anyway trying to find the right size helicoil..looks liek a 12-24 thread size but I am not sure...would anyone happen to know the correct size?

Thanks
chris

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After more research..turns out summit sells a kit for this exact purpose...83 bucks though :(

Thanks anyway
Chris

·
3,428 Posts
Chris,
Holley has a helicoil kit for those threads, it is nowhere near $80 :eek:

I have a kit at the shop and can let you know the correct size, it is an unusual size, but not hard to find.

·
3,428 Posts
Well,
I lied, Holley has become extremely proud of thier kit. The last one I bought was helicoil brand and I think it was around $30, not that long ago either. Grainger has a kit for $30, I am sure you could find one locally for close to that. See if there is a Fastenall dealer near you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to O' Reillys, they may not have one at the individual store, but they should be able to order it from the warehouse. Then helicoil all of them on that bowl.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the kit cheaper 35$ thanks all!!

Another quick question...The motor is a brand new build. I started it 4 times before the leak and it ran like a champ. The last time I started it it was "snapping" or popping real bad at idle. That is what made me look an I noticed the bowl leak. Could a bowl leak cause the car to run bad? (Could air be sucked into the bowl and then up into the jets causing a snap).

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts