Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the accessory drive mount. I am not running AC so its just the drivers side setup. Is the complete kit worthwhile. I am most curious about the alternator and if its a cheap knock off on a non standard frame. Anyone know?
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vette, looking further into their on line manuals i saw they have a cross reference to gm part numbers. It would be the 20-143 kit or its pieces. The castings of theirs ive seen are nice. Machine work not so much so i will avoid alternators, water pumps, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Simon, i never noticed that.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,626 Posts
Either buy the GM corvette setup or Holleys Mid Mount. I have had both and the Mid Mount is better hands down. The GM kit (and Holley High Mount Kit) is good but you need to buy a special fitting for the High pressure fitting on the pump. Switch over to -6 line on either setup. The two reasons I love the Mid Mount setup is 1. Packaging and 2. More amp output at idle (when you really need it).

Use Earls Power steering hose and fittings to make your own PS fittings with just a vise.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the GM vette setup. It all seems to come from Canada. Everything fit up well. Castings are built tough with finish as a complete afterthought. Lots of sharp flash. I spent some time on it today getting it ready for powdercoat. Fwiw, Summit told me they had none and could no longer get them. Jegs had some in stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Either buy the GM corvette setup or Holleys Mid Mount. I have had both and the Mid Mount is better hands down. The GM kit (and Holley High Mount Kit) is good but you need to buy a special fitting for the High pressure fitting on the pump. Switch over to -6 line on either setup. The two reasons I love the Mid Mount setup is 1. Packaging and 2. More amp output at idle (when you really need it).

Use Earls Power steering hose and fittings to make your own PS fittings with just a vise.
Hey 130fe,
Do you have a part number for that special high pressure fitting?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris, when you follow those links they take you to fittings with different configurations on the pump side. The vette setup i just got uses a fitting like the one shown on their page not the one shown on the “ power steering pump.....” link. I think the fitting i will wind up with is likely Flaming Rivers 1634. Earls has a similar one with the end like the above link #961961. I dont believe those 2 types to be interchangeable if the illustrations are correct.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,626 Posts
3D, any of those will work. Earls is owned by Holley so that is their version. The one shown in the Flaming River (1634) site shows it on an F-Body pump. That application has the pump on top drivers side and so is the high pressure line as opposed to the vette style where it is drivers lower side. Any of those will do the same job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts