Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 250 to a LS3 Engine Swap
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GM LS3 Crate Engine and the Holley Terminator and I'm a little confused at what attaches up to these connectors on the engine?

Definitely one of them is for the Drive-By-Wire connection but is that on a separate wire harness?

And the one at the back of the engine I thought might be for Oil Pressure but the connector on the harness does not seem to be correct for it?

What is the port that the red cap is on? Vacuum for something?

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 250 to a LS3 Engine Swap
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to find the Drive-By-Wire-Harness in one of the many boxes that I have.

The sensor at the back is a Oil Pressure Sensor, just not one that the Holley connector will connect to. The Holley one will cost me another $134

·
Premium Member
4,372 Posts
I was able to find the Drive-By-Wire-Harness in one of the many boxes that I have.

The sensor at the back is a Oil Pressure Sensor, just not one that the Holley connector will connect to. The Holley one will cost me another $134

$134 for an oil pressure sender is robbery.

The red cap is a vacuum port usually used for power brakes.

Don

·
Registered
514 Posts

Im pretty sure that the oil sender from an LS1 will work. AC Delco D1846A. ($24 on Amazon)I had the same issue.... but have not made the swap yet as I have an oil pressure gauge hooked to the driver side of the block. The Terminator does not need the oil pressure to operate correctly.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Are you planning to use the factory LS3 intake or an "old school" style intake and the Terminator throttle body?

·
13,867 Posts
The LS3 intake will give you way more low end torque than an old school carb intake. The runners are too short to get the velocity you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts