Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was needing help finding out what would be the best intake,carb,filter setup I could possibly put under a stock 68 ss hood sitting on top of a 396.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 327 with edelbrock performer eps and edelbrock carb. When I was checking fit - first I asked the mfg. I also then took clay and kind of rolled it up and stuck it on thr highest point of the aircleaner. Keep checking at different lengths until the lid hit the clay. Then I knew how much space I have to work with.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a 327 with edelbrock performer eps and edelbrock carb. When I was checking fit - first I asked the mfg. I also then took clay and kind of rolled it up and stuck it on thr highest point of the aircleaner. Keep checking at different lengths until the lid hit the clay. Then I knew how much space I have to work with.
That is an excellent idea. I have a 2" factory cowl hood with a 327 and was wondering how close my air cleaner was to the hood's air cleaner opening. I'm thinking of using an air cleaner filter lid to increase airflow from the cowl. Your idea will allow me to check how close, and how the air cleaner lines up with the cowl air cleaner opening.
Thanks.
jogas

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can tell you that an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap will NOT fit under a SS hood. I asked Edelbrock and they said it wouldn't fit, and that a torker II would. I purchased the RPM Air Gap anyway and then a 2" cowl hood. Should have trusted the tech support...But I wanted a cowl anyway.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've got a 68 with 327, performer intake, performer 1406 600 carb and edelbrock 10" air cleaner and it fits fine, no room left but it fits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts