Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I should stop beating around the bush, any one who watch's this sight regularly may see what I'm getting at. With a B.B & a Holley, which, if any, manifolds will clear my Camaro standard R.S 67 hood ??. I currently have a single plane, semi hi-rise & the hood needs to be raised at the rear to clear(ugly!)Thanks, sorry about all this "to & fro" stuff, Mike.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Hi Mike, I'm assuming your camaro had a small block to begin with. If you have a big block in it now, did you change engine mount towers? There's a difference in height. I just ordered new ones for my 67 B.B. SS. They cost me $70.00.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't know if this helps or not, but I am running an Edelbrock Torker II manifold with an Edelbrock Performer (Carter style) carb on my 68 427 standard hood Camaro. The clearance is good with a standard open element air cleaner. ( I think the air cleaner actually drops a little around the carb. It is the cheap $30 Chevrolet air cleaner that most auto parts stores carry.)
Rick

·
Registered
999 Posts
mike,
i have a 69 camaro with a 396 and a stock fiberglass repo of cowl induction hood, and i use a weiand x-celarator intake and a 780 holley, moroso air cleaner with a 4" air filter, and had clearance, not much, but i had a little. since then, i've gone down to a 3" filter and have plenty of clearance.
hope this helps,
bruce

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevo camaro:
Hi Mike, I'm assuming your camaro had a small block to begin with. If you have a big block in it now, did you change engine mount towers? There's a difference in height. I just ordered new ones for my 67 B.B. SS. They cost me $70.00. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the difference in height, i.e,how do I know if I have S.B OR B.B towers ?, Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mike,

You could use a EDELBROCK RPM manifoild but NOT the RPM Performer manifold. The RPM maifold would give you roughly 1/2 to 1 inch of clearance. The RPM PERFORMER manifold would be too tall and you would have to go to a COWL hood just like I did with my BB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts