Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this hood for sale, I cant find any info on it, anyone here know who might of made it? or its age? owner took it off his camaro and put it in storage in case he bought another camaro. it has the lines of a ultra z, but with heat extractor's? cant seam to get the picture to load.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry guys, no matter what I try, picture will not load. its a jpg 600x400

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Never saw one of those before.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know, it's a bit bizarre. others have said the same, cant decide if its unique or ewww. hoping to see it on a camaro. owner said it was on a camaro he bought, took it off to sell, he put it in storage, thinkin someday he'd pickup another camaro.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,084 Posts
Several fiberglass hood companies have come and gone, mainly bc what they made didn't have much of an audience. You could check with the guys at Harwood or Cervinis, they've been around long enough to know what their competition was. That hood supposedly fits a 1st gen Camaro? Front contour seems off?

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
That looks like a hood for a 1998 - 2002 Camaro. Not sure who made it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the hood was on a 2000 Z28, and iam working on my 2002 convertible, I drove out to look at the hood, odd and very different, very well made !!! inner support beams through out the underside, but has problems, there are numerous hairline cracks in the outer corners of the vents, 4-5 inches in length, the left corner (by the passenger mirror) is full of cracks and spongie, and overall abit wavy. showed it to the paint shop, they figure 4-500 dollars in labor to get it paintable and there afraid iam not going to like the finished results. they estimate the hoods age, close to 15 years old, just by the way it was built

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Put your pictures on a free photo hosting site like Imgur. Then post a link on this site to the photo on the photo hosting site. It's easier than it sounds.

P.S. That's an ugly hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts